Ethos & Values
Our Ethos and Values
Our mission is to ensure that Fir Tree Primary School provides excellent education for all and dramatically improve the lives of our children and young people by providing high-quality education and experiences. We value the diversity that exists within our schools. We recognise the worth of each individual, helping them to develop a positive self-image and a ‘can-do’ attitude so that they grow.
We equip our children and young people with the skills and knowledge that will enable them to achieve success throughout their education. We prepare our children and young people for roles as tomorrow’s leaders. We inspire them to reach for their dreams, act responsibly on their beliefs and be ready for future success.
At Fir Tree Primary School we embrace wholeheartedly the belief that everyone should have the ‘Freedom to Flourish’ during their time at school. To flourish means to grow or develop in a healthy or vigorous way. especially as the result of a particularly congenial (qualities and interests that are similar) environment. Our values enable us to grow and they can be summed up in four key words: goals, resilience, outstanding and wonder. In other words, GROW.
Goals: aspirations, targets.
Resilience: effort, trying hard, determination, perseverance, doing your best.
Outstanding: drive, motivation, success, achievement.
Wonder: curiosity, question, inspiration, enthusiasm, creativity.
GROW has been introduced across all elements of Fir Tree Primary School with children, staff, governors and parents all having their part to play to keep the school improving in provision and outcomes.
To achieve our mission we expect our children and young people to:
· Have high expectations in all they do
· Respond positively to challenges
· To be resilient, determined and persevere
· Embrace new opportunities and explore new ideas to shape the future direction of the school
· Develop a love of learning that remains a lifelong legacy
· Take increasing responsibility for their own learning
· Show respect for each other and their environment
· To be curious and creative
In support of this quest for excellence our school:
· Provides the highest standards of teaching and learning
· Expects high performance and has high aspirations for all
· Provides personalised support for children and young people where it is needed
· Provides outstanding facilities and the best environment for learning
· Works in partnership across the schools in the Trust
· Combats disadvantage through effective use of pupil premium funding
· Works with parents and carers to engage them in their children’s education